Bóthar Donor Charter
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We will ensure that we are accountable and transparent in every facet of our business, so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in all aspects of the way we run our organisation.
To ensure that we meet our commitment to our donors and prospective donors we will:
- Provide donors with access to the organisation’s mission.
- Make freely available information about those sitting on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Provide access (print and online) to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Ensure donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Acknowledge donations in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998) ensure all donations are handled with respect and confidentiality and that donors wishes are adhered to in the context of the Data Protection Act.
- Guarantee that all relationships between donors and individuals including volunteers, employees or third party agents, representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Inform donors whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation, or hired third party agents.
- Provide donors with easy access to the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for donor names to be removed from mailing lists.
- Never have donor names shared with third parties without express permission.
- Give truthful and forthright answers to questions donors might have about the organisation.
As a charity seeking donations from the public we Bóthar Ltd. are committed to compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising set down by the Irish Charities Tax Reform Group.