We are committed to making the information on this website accessible to all, regardless of ability. This statement outlines the provisions we have made to ensure a high standard of accessibility throughout this web site.
- The majority of the pages on this site are WCAG AA approved, complying with all priority 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (http://www.w3.org/WAI/).
- All pages on this site comply with the Irish National Disability Authority IT Accessibility Guidelines. (http://accessit.nda.ie/)
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. (http://www.section508.gov/)
- The majority of pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT or LONGDESC tag. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- Irish National Disability Authority IT accessibility guidelines.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
The browsers recommended for optimum use of this site are as follows:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 upwards
- Firefox 2.0 upwards.
- Safari 4.0 upwards.